Welcome to our blog! Bridgette was born on my due date, January 17, 2011. We are truely blessed!

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

4 months old

Yesterday Bridgette turned 4 months old. She now weighs 12 lbs 10 oz and is 24 3/4 inches long! She put on some flub the past month and her little thighs are no longer little and she has the Ketzle double chin. She can now hold her head up well, sit propped, eats her hands all the time, can hold a toy and put it in her mouth, loves to grab her toes, puts her hands together, smiles all the time, loves to talk, enjoys tummy time and can hold her head up at a 90 degree angle, still loves the swing and bouncy seat (my mom named it the theater chair), loves laying on her back on her play mat and looking/grabbing at her toys, and sleeps 10 hours at night. As you can tell she changes everyday.

The food allergy saga continues.........we started a new reflux medicine because she was still spitting up all the time. Patrick and I have become use to our life of having spit up all over us, all over the couch, and laugh at all the dried up puddles on the wood floors that we didn't even know happened. We are now pros at getting ready for work and not having spit up on our work clothes, we both learned the hard way that you don't put your clothes on until you are walking out the door. As a worried mom (Patrick thinks I'm paranoid) I brought up some observations about B's poop. The doctor agreed with me that it probably wasn't normal and that their could be another food allergy. Pretty soon I might earn my detectives badge in baby poop! So for the next two weeks I will cut out all nuts from my diet. In case you haven't kept up that means no dairy, soy, and now nuts. You might be thinking, why nuts? Good questions, well ever since I was told no dairy I started putting almond milk in my coffee and ate peanut butter for breakfast everyday. A few weeks after these diet alterations I noticed that her poop wasn't normal. Now that it has been several months I thought to myself, the almond milk is really the only huge change in my diet so why not drink rice milk instead and see if it makes a difference. I'm praying that it will because I am ready for Bridgette's tummy to not be bothering her all the time. Don't be jealous of my diet but if you are trying to lose a few pounds you might give it a try. Wish me luck because so far the rice milk grosses me out. On a good note I did find a chocolate bar that is milk and soy free!! I am going to go broke buying chocolate but it was wonderful to indulge in one of my favorite foods after not having it for 3 months, now to find ice cream and cheese that I can eat!





No comments:

Post a Comment