Welcome to our blog! Bridgette was born on my due date, January 17, 2011. We are truely blessed!

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Test Run at Hospital

Yesterday I came home from work and was really tired. I took about an hour long nap. When I work up I felt a little nauseous. Patrick had called to say that he was working late so I just relaxed and talked with a few people on the phone. Around 6:30 my stomach hurt really bad and I knew that it was going to be a long evening. I called Patrick around 7:15 and told him he needed to come home because I wasn't feeling well at all. He came straight home and took good care of me. I had called the Dr. on call and he told me that as long as I could keep liquids down and my symptoms didn't get worse then I should be fine. He said if anything got worse then I need to head straight to the hospital. Patrick got me some water and some pepto and put in a movie for me because I was cold and wanted to stay in bed. Needless to say all of that came back up =) A few minutes later I started to see spots and couldn't see clearly. I alerted Patrick that we needed to go to the hospital so he finished his bowl of ice cream and changed his clothes and then we were on our way.

They promptly greeted us and took me straight into a room. First thing she needed was a urine sample (of course, I think she wanted to make sure I was really pregnant) and due to being violently ill I could barely go. The nurse hooked me up to some monitors and checked my blood pressure. Everything looked great for the baby but for me my blood pressure was high and all over the place. My doc ordered fluids to be given through IV and that I had to spend the night at the hospital for monitoring.

It was a long night!! The nurses were wonderful but sleeping is impossible when the BP cuff squeezes your arm to death once an hour, the IV pole beeps constantly, the fetal monitor prints constantly, and the nurse checks on your frequently. If you thought I had it bad you should have seen the chair that Patrick had to sleep in =) It was quite the sight to see his feet sticking off about 6 inches, 3 blankets covering him because they were all too short, and he was right by the window and was freezing because it was like 15 degrees outside.

It was an adventure and we were sad when they sent us home at 9:00am because that meant her birthday would not be 1-11-11. I am feeling much better now and hopefully this baby will be ready to join our family soon. We now know what we need to bring with us for our next trip to hospital and hopefully next time we will come home with a baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment