Welcome to our blog! Bridgette was born on my due date, January 17, 2011. We are truely blessed!

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Going home

On Wednesday we were released to go home. This is when all the stress started! Patrick took all of our belongings and went home to get my car so that we could take her home. When Patrick was done loading the truck it would not start. He called Tiffany and borrowed her car so that he could go get my car. Mean while, I was at the hospital not knowing that any of this was going on. Bridgette was really restless and I couldn't calm her. I finally called the nursery nurse to come help me. Our day time nursery nurse was wonderful and she came to my rescue. Bridgette passed out and I called to order our celebration meal which was steak and lobster. Patrick arrived back at the hospital a nervous wreck. I asked what happened and he was hesitant to tell me but he finally did. He told me he thought the truck would have to be towed. I told him not to worry about it and that tomorrow he could deal with it.

After our lunch we were all set to go and we loaded the baby in her car seat and headed home. When we got home she slept for several hours. She was very tired because she had to have her stomach drained that morning because she was spitting up amniotic fluid. Apparently it stressed her out and she was exhausted. We enjoyed the rest of our day at home together and Grandma Jumper came to visit.

Our first night was long. Neither one of us could relax enough to fall asleep and at one point we changed about 5-6 dirty diapers in a row. It just kept on coming and it was a 2 man job. These were the first diapers I got to change because Patrick changed all of them in the hospital. It was a chore but I loved it!




No comments:

Post a Comment