Welcome to our blog! Bridgette was born on my due date, January 17, 2011. We are truely blessed!

Monday, June 27, 2011

5 months old

I can't believe that Bridgette is 5 months old! I think I say this every month but time sure does fly by fast. This month Bridgette learned how to make a lot of funny noises with her mouth. She loves to squeal!! We call it her dolphin call because she made the noise every morning while at the beach and we saw dolphins several days while we were there. She loves to play on her play mat and hit the toys with her hands and watch them fly. She still loves her swing and bouncy seat but doesn't last as long in them as she use to. She loves to sit in her theater chair and watch Baby Einstein. She plays with her feet all the time and has learned to put them in her mouth. She puts everything in her mouth and is drooling like crazy. She enjoys tummy time every now and then and has great neck control. She still cannot roll over but she also doesn't seem to care about rolling over, she is content on her back and belly. She sleeps through the night but is inconsistent on how long she will sleep. Usually 8-10 hours and if she wakes for a feeding she goes right back to sleep.

She had her first illness in May. She was not herself one week and was crying a lot and not sleeping through the night (waking multiple times). It was the same week she went to the Dr. for her shots so I had a hard time distinguishing between pain from shots or something else. My babysitter Lexi was wonderful with Bridgette. She was very patient with her and gave me good insight on what was going on. It was her first week watching B and she could tell that something was not right. I called the Dr. on Friday because Thursday night B had a temp of 99.7. Not a fever but thought I should call anyway since our week was getting worse and not better. They fit us in on Friday and we were given an antibiotic for an ear infection. Dr. H said she couldn't see an ear infection but since B was so congested and has been for a long time she thought it was time to treat it. On Saturday morning Patrick went to ride his bike and B decided she was going to scream her head off for a what felt like forever. Just was I thought I was going to not survive my mom gave me great advice over the phone and my friend Whitney came over to meet B. Whit was my lifesaver that day! She couldn't have had better timing or better motherly advice. Within a few days B was back to her normal smiley, playful self! It was a very hard week but I did survive with wonderful support from my husband and mother!

Her reflux meds are finally working! She doesn't spit up nearly as much and as frequently. I eliminated nuts from my diet and in about a week and a half her BMs went back to normal. They went weird again after I had to use milk from the freezer. The good news is it didn't affect her mood so it's probably a food sensitivity and not an allergy. She is a very happy baby and usually only fusses when she is hungry or tired.




No comments:

Post a Comment