Welcome to our blog! Bridgette was born on my due date, January 17, 2011. We are truely blessed!

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Life in the third trimester


I am now in the third and final trimester. And boy has life been crazy!! Patrick has been working on remodeling our bedroom since the middle of October. Due to all the health issues my dad had this project has taken twice as long as it should have. At my 35 week appointment my doctor said that I was already 50% effaced. She said she wasn't sure if I would make it to my due date, it is too early to predict but she wouldn't be surprised if this baby came early. This sent me into total panic mode. The nursery wasn't ready, I couldn't sleep in my bedroom because it was a danger zone and smelled like paint, Patrick still hadn't hung the crown molding in the nursery, we finally had furniture in the nursery but we had no time to wash and organize anything. As you can tell I am rambling but that is exactly how I have felt since week 34.

The last two weeks have been busy but we have accomplished a lot. Our bedroom is basically complete, we only need window sills which will be installed very soon. The nursery is about 95% ready. I had some very dedicated friends come and help me get things organized in the nursery. They were life savers because due to my pregnancy brain it looked like a bomb had gone off in the room. I finally feel like if this baby was born today then we would actually be ready. Now that we are prepared I am sure she will be late =)



My energy level is slowly declining. Between finishing Christmas shopping and shopping for the baby I am pooped. I try to relax as much as possible and the cats usually help me do this. Pepe still wants to cuddle with me but he can't seem to find a comfortable place to lay. He has resorted to stretching across my chest because he doesn't like it when the baby kicks him. At night he sleeps on top of my body pillow with his face pressed up against mine or he sleeps on Patrick's face (which is my preference). Puma usually just lays next to me or by my feet, I think he is the smart one.

I just had my 36 week appointment and she said I was dilated about 0.5 cm and my effacement was the same. Any day this precious miracle will be here. Now we are just playing the waiting game and taking bets on if she will come early or not. As for me I have one more week to relax and then I get to attempt to do my job until she arrives. Patrick is surviving my very pregnant self and has been a really good supportive husband. He works hard everyday and understands when I just need to rest.


2 comments:

  1. Just a couple of weeks and we'll have a new Jumper!! We're very excited for y'all. We'll be down soon to help you celebrate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if this is good news or bad news for you, but at my 36 week appt I was 1cm and 40-50% effaced- Miss Thing still had to be evicted at 41 weeks... So, don't panic too much. :)

    ReplyDelete