Welcome to our blog! Bridgette was born on my due date, January 17, 2011. We are truely blessed!

Friday, February 25, 2011

1 Month Old

I can't believe the first month has come and gone. It went very quickly because Bridgette kept us very busy. Adjusting to having a newborn has been hard work but very rewarding. Patrick and I are adjusting pretty well and get as much sleep as possible. So far we have been blessed and she sleeps well at night. We did have a few long nights because B would grunt a lot when we would lay her in her bed. I had a hard time sleeping due to all the sounds she would make. I called the doctor because we had already discussed some signs of reflux. She asked me to eliminate dairy from my diet to see if it was a milk allergy. This has been tough but I am finally adjusting to my life without cheese, milk, and ranch dressing. When we went for our one month check up she gave us some medicine to help with the reflux because I told her that I didn't really think it was a milk allergy. So far the medicine seems to be making a difference but we still have moments when she is in pain.

Bridgette weighed 8 lbs 10 ounces and was 21 3/4" long at her one month check up. She is growing so fast and finally fits into her newborn clothes. Some milestones she has met are making eye contact, holding her head a little more steady, fixating on objects (she likes lights), and moving her arms and legs a lot. Her favorites are sleeping vertically on daddy's chest, sleeping on mommy's shoulder, her vibrating bouncy seat, being sang to, and just hanging out in someones arms. She does not like taking a bath or having her diaper changed.


No comments:

Post a Comment